Dr. Upik Rosalina Wasrin is a professor at the Faculty of Forestry, Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia.
Dr. Upik Rosalina Wasrin’s expertise is in forest ecology and applied remote sensing and GIS for tropical forest ecosystems and land use change. She lectures on Forest Ecology, Forest Hydrology, Remote Sensing, International Forestry, and Ethics in Forestry. Dr. Wasrin has recently returned to academia after ten years, having served as President Director of a major state owned forestry enterprise, Perum Perhutani, and Assistant Deputy at the Ministry of State Owned Enterprises in Indonesia (Kementerian Badan Usaha Milik Negara). She received her Ph.D. in 1987 at the University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse III in France in Forest Ecology, Remote Sensing Satellite and GIS for forestry applications and forest management practices. She has served as Vice Dean for Academic Affairs, Faculty of Forestry IPB (1997 – 2000), and before that she was a Senior Researcher at SEAMEO BIOTROP: Regional Center for Tropical Biology (1979 – 1992).
Why I am part of The Carbon Institute
Now days, people cannot work alone on international problems such as climate change. Global frameworks have to be downscaled into local action, hand in hand, in harmony. Working with The Carbon Institute Program will ensure such harmony from global scale into local scale, particularly in Indonesia, by specifically enhancing the capacity of Indonesian people to identify, measure and manage terrestrial carbon from various ecosystems across the country.
- WASRIN, U. Rosalina, Nina Natalina, Hardjanto, Y. Hero, J. Bahder, Agus Sadeli, 2005. CDM Country Guide for Indonesia. Ministry of Environment and IGES. Report Published at IGES Website.
- Murdiyarso, D., Kurniatun H., U. Rosalina WASRIN, 2004. Petunjuk Lapangan; Pendugaan cadangan carbon pada lahan gambut (Field Guide to Estimate Carbon Stock in Peatland). Climate Change, Forest and Peatland (CCFPI) Project of Wetlands International – Indonesia Program and Wildlife Habitat Canada and Canadian International Development Agency.
- WASRIN, U. Rosalina, Istomo, Sri Rahayu, E.Permana, S, Ichwan S., A.Hidayat, Waluyo. 2003. Delineasi Potensi Areal Proyek Karbon dan Pendugaan Cadangan Karbon Pada Awal Kegiatan Proyek. Laboran disampaikan ke Wetland International. (Delineation of potential Carbon project and Estimation of Carbon stock at the project commencement. Report submitted to Wetland International).
- Boer, R., U. Rosalina WASRIN, D. Murdiyarso, Nur Masripatin, K. L. Ginoga, Y. Hero, M. Adriansyah. 2003. National CDM Strategy Study for LULUCF. Ministry of Environment – NSS – Aus-AID – The World Bank.
- Fahrizal, U.Rosalina WASRIN, M. van Noordwijk. 2003. Pendugaan biomassa pohon bagian bawah tanah di hutan primer dan hutan bekas tebangan (Estimating the below-ground biomass in the primary and logged-over forest ecosystem; case study Dusun Aro, Jambi). Journal of Tropical Forest Management. IPB Bogor.
- Tresnawan, H. and U.Rosalina. 2002. Pendugaan biomasa di atas tanah di ekosistem hutan primer dan bekas tebangan; studi kasus hutan Dusun Aro, Jambi (Estimating above-ground biomass in the primary and logged-over forest ecosystem; case study Dusun Aro, Jambi). Jurnal Manajemen Hutan Tropika (Journal of Tropical Forest Management). Vol. III, No.1.
- WASRIN, Upik R. 2002. Mapping and Monitoring of Forest Cover in Indonesia. Paper presented at the Workshop on Tropical Forest Assessment and Conservation Issues in Southeast Asia, 12-14 February 2002, Dehra Dun, India.
- WASRIN, Upik R. 2002. TREES II; Tropical Forest Assessment in Indonesia. Paper presented at the Workshop on Tropical Forest Assessment and Conservation Issues in Southeast Asia, 12-14 February 2002, Dehra Dun, India.
- Rizaldi Boer, Daniel Murdiyarso, UPIK R. WASRIN, and Kurniatun Hairiah, and Meine van Nordwijk. 2001. Carbon budgets of land use systems and forest ecosystems in Indonesia.
- D. Murdiyarso and U.R. WASRIN. 2000. Land cover change and above ground carbon stocks: Implications for Southeast Asian forest management. In Murdiyarso and Tsuruta (eds). Proceeding The Impacts of Land-use/cover change on Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Tropical Asia. GCIC-SEA & NIEAS.
- A. Rohiani, U.R. WASRIN and D. Murdiyarso 2000. Simulation of above ground C-stocks in natural forest: Case study Pasirmayang, Jambi. In Murdiyarso and Tsuruta (eds). Proceeding The Impacts of Land-use/cover change on Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Tropical Asia. GCIC-SEA & NIEAS.
- Setiawan, I., UPIK R. WASRIN, A. Rohiani and D. Murdiyarso. 2000. Simulation of carbon dynamics in Acacia mangium plantation forests. In: Tsuruta & Murdiyarso (eds). The Impact of Land-use/cover change on GHG Emission in Tropical Asia. GCIC-SEA & NIEAS.