Professor Gao Xianlian is the Division Director at the Forest Carbon Accounting and Monitoring Center, Academy of Forest Inventory & Planning, State Forestry Administration, China.
Professor Gao Xianlian focuses on the establishment of China’s National Forest Carbon Accounting and Monitoring System. Since 2009, he has been an editor for the Guidelines for National Forest Carbon Measurement and Monitoring Technology, and Forest Understory and Soil Carbon Pool Survey Specification. Professor Xianlian led the National Forest Carbon Sink Inventory, and estimated national forest carbon stocks and carbon sinks as a principle researcher. He is a principle researcher or co-principle researcher in several science and international cooperation projects, such as the China-German Low Carbon Land-use (2012-2015) and the Forestry Carbon Sink Accounting and Monitoring Infrastructure Construction (China Clean Development Mechanism Fund). He is also PI of a sub-project in Key Technologies by Remote Sensing to Estimate Global Forest Biomass and Carbon Stock (National High Technology Research and Development Program), and principle technical executive of Application of Terrestrial Ecosystem Carbon Satellite Project. Professor Xianlian is a member of the National Forest Resources Inventory Technical Group and a member of Forestry Information Data Standards Committee.
Why I am part of The Carbon Institute
“The Carbon Institute has great potential as a coordinator between researchers, government officers and civilians in different countries. The international cooperative work of Carbon Institute will improve the understanding of terrestrial carbon accounting and management for individuals in many countries with different cultures.
This program will build our capacity in training individuals in terrestrial carbon accounting, and will allow us to share knowledge and experience, as well as enhance the cooperation between China, America, Indonesia, and Germany in climate change mitigation and forestry management.”
- Gao Xianlian. Characteristics of carbon monitoring on LULUCF in China. Forest Resources Management. 2015. (2): 46-50.
- Gao Jinping, Gao Xianlian, Hao Yuelan. Research on regionalization and quantitative grading for forest productivity: A case study of Liaoning province. Forest Resources Management. 2014. (6): 49-103.
- Zhang Chengcheng, Gao Xianlian, Huang Guosheng. China’s forest “Double Growth” objective assessment and analysis. Forest Resources Management. 2014. Sup: 40-43.
- Zhang Chengcheng, Gao Xianlian. Analysis on timber supply capacity of forest resources in China. Forest Resources Management. 2014. Sup: 51-55.
- GAO Jinping, Chen Jian, Gao Xianlian, SONG Fei. Enlightenment from the practices of forest low-carbon landuse for adapting to climatic changes in Germany. Forest Resources Management. 2013. (5): 147-151.
- Alimjan Yasan, Gao Xianlian, Hou Ruiping, Shi Geli. Discussion on forest resources archive management in the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region. Forest Resources Management. 2012. (5): 7-11.
- Jin Aixian, Bai Jiangli, Gao Xianlian, Gu Gongbo. Study and reference on Canada forest resources management and informatization construction. Forest Resources Management. 2012. (3): 131-133.
- Li Zhongping, Huang Guosheng, Zeng Weisheng, Gao Xianlian, Yang Xueqing. Main points of forest resources monitoring and remote sensing application in Brazil and guiding suggestions. Forest Resources Management. 2012. (5): 125-128.
- Yan Hongwei, Huang Guosheng, Zeng Weisheng, Nie Xiangyong, Gao Xianlian. Considerations on construction of the integrated forest resource monitoring system in China. Forest Resources Management. 2011. (6): 6-26.
- Gao Xianlian. Study on Forest Resource Information interchange System. Forest Resources Management. 2010. (2): 33-37.
- Gao Jinping, Gao Xianlian. Technical realization and application of data standardization for forest resources. Forest Resources Management. 2009. (5): 29-33.
- Gao Xianlian, Peng Songbo. Research on the system of the forest resource management information system standards in China. Forest Resources Management. 2008. (2): 28-31.
- Gao Xianlian, Wang Qingjie. Forest Fire control information system: A Sino-Japan information cooperative project. Forest Resources Management. 2003. (4): 51-55.