The 2018 Sky Changers Awards
1 – 3pm, September 13, 2018
The Battery, San Francisco, California
Can any one person change the sky?
What was previously an absurd question is today one of necessity. Individual leaders will be the driving force behind global efforts to rapidly reduce emissions polluting our atmosphere.
The 2018 Sky Changers Awards are an afternoon celebration of the power of individuals. The Awards will recognize leaders who use education and science to achieve measurable climate stabilizing results. The 2018 Sky Changers Awards celebrate individuals from the Congo to Indonesia to California. The Awards will be given to carbon detectives and disruptors – Sky Changers driving real climate action and creating real-world impacts.
The keynote speaker is world famous explorer and climate activist, Tim Jarvis.
The event will provide awards to Sky Changers, nominated for their action in meeting the Paris Agreement on climate change. The award ceremony will give these leaders the opportunity to highlight and share their entrepreneurial and measurable actions in their own words, through an award ceremony and panel discussion.
Participating Organizations and Award Recipients
The Awards will include Sky Changers from the following organizations and events, among others:
- The Carbon Institute’s California Carbon Fest: International academic-government partnerships to acceler
ate climate action. Top carbon experts from the highest emitting developing countries that win the California
- Carbon Fest competition.
- Ibu Nur Masripatin, United Nations focal point on climate change for Indonesia and force for good in Indonesia laws and education.
- The University of California Berkeley School of Natural Resources
- The Battery and The Battery Charged: hosting the Sky Changers awards and showcasing actions that measurably go beyond meeting the Paris Agreement targets.
- Bogor Agricultural University: Indonesia’s top university for forests, climate change, and natural resource management, driving decarbonization of the world’s largest land-use emitter.
- China’s State Forest Administration, which leads the largest tree planting scheme in human history
- Santa Barbara Bucket Brigade
BY INVITATION ONLY. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE EMAIL PATRICK.CAGE@CARBONINSTITUTE.ORG
Update: The Carbon Institute is hosting a friendly frisbee throw at the Yerba Buena gardens on Friday September 14th at 8:30 am. Commemorative frisbees will be handed out.